CMI and Arturia are delighted to announce the release of the “Limited Edition” MicroFreak Vocoder Synthesiser
The Arturia MicroFreak Vocoder Edition takes the hybrid Freak formula and tips it over the edge with a 16-band Vocoder mode, a detachable gooseneck mic and a sleek new look.
Behind the revamped appearance and microphone attachment is the same lovable MicroFreak that set the synth world spinning.
The Vocoder Engine
Arturia have created an entirely new 16-band mode to transform your voice in the Freakiest way possible. The vocoder engine features 3 waveforms – sawtooth, pulse width and noise – while the Timbre and Shape knobs adjust the response of the 16 frequency bands.
MicroFreak Vocoder Edition goes beyond robot vocals. 16 new presets give you instant access to android translations, crystalline harmonies and vibrant formant sequences galore. Connect an external sound source like a drum machine or synth via the headphone socket for glitchy sound processing.
If you already own a Microfreak the Vocoder engine is available with the MicroFreak V2.1 firmware update and the gooseneck microphone will be sold separately.
MICROFREAK VOCODER FEATURES:
- Synthesiser with 256 preset slots and 224 factory presets
- 14 variable digital oscillator modes and new Vocoder mode
- Gooseneck electret microphone
- Analog State Variable Filter, 12dB/octave, resonant, Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass
- ADSR envelope
- Cycling Envelope offering two modes: Envelope & LFO
- LFO with Sync: Sine, Tri, Saw, Square, Random, Slew Random
- Modulation matrix with 5 sources and 7 destinations (3 custom destinations)
- Monophonic or Paraphonic modes – Up to 4 voices
- Chord mode lets you program a chord shape and play it on any note
- Scale Quantize lets you set a specific scale for the white notes for easy performance
- 25-key capacitive keybed with polyphonic aftertouch
- Capacitive touch strip
- Crisp OLED display for editing and parameter values
- Powerful multi-mode arpeggiator: Up, Order, Random, Pattern modes
- Spice & Dice Gate randomizers
- 64-step sequencer: 2 patterns per preset, 4 automation tracks per preset
- CV / Gate / Mod outputs
- USB, Clock and MIDI in and out
- 6.35mm master and 3.5mm headphone output
Expect to pay- $649*Limited edition only 80 available in Australia
Shipment due in September