CMI Music & Audio is thrilled to announce Modal Electronics New 8 Voice Extended Virtual Analogue Synthesiser: COBALT8
Modal has built on the tradition of warm and punchy analogue-style synth sounds, conceived by legendary synthesisers from the past, COBALT8 unlocks the full creative potential of analogue waveforms. This powerful, inspiring instrument reinvents the aesthetics of analogue sounds and invites musicians, producers and sound designers to explore a new era of virtual-analogue synthesiser textures, far beyond the limits of its analogue forefathers.
On top of the innovative oscillator engine of the COBALT8, it has a new morphable 4-Pole Ladder Filter. Combined with Modal’s unparalleled modulation options, an inspiring real-time / step sequencer, an arpeggiator, a premium FATAR 37-note keyboard, MPE, studio-quality effects and MODALapp integration, COBALT8 will become the perfect synth for everyone who wants a versatile electronic music instrument to play vintage synth sounds and is eager to enter new sound dimensions.
- Polyphony: True 8 voice polyphonic
- Oscillators: 64 high-resolution virtual-analog oscillators, up to 8 per voice
Two independent and self-contained oscillator groups with sine, pulse, triangle, sawtooth waveforms
34 different algorithms including: complex analogue synthesis techniques, built-in cross modulation (SYNC, RM, and many more), PWM, smooth morphing between VA waves, bit crushing, filtered noise
- Filter: Four-Pole Morphable Ladder Filter with Resonance and four switchable configurations
Resonance and Balanced Filter Mode
- Modulation: Three dedicated envelope generators for AMP, MOD and FILTER that can be accessed independently or all three simultaneously including negative (reverse) versions for MOD and FILTER ENVs
Three audio-rate LFO’s with tempo sync (two poly, one global) with seven different shapes
Eight assignable modulation slots and four additional fixed modulation routings for common assignments with 12 modulation sources and 55 modulation destinations
- Sequencer and Arpeggiator: Realtime sequencer with 512 notes with polyphonic mode and four recordable/editable parameter animations (Delay FX, LFO’s, sequencer and arpeggiator can be either clocked internally or externally)
Built-In sophisticated programmable arpeggiator of 32 steps with rest capability with up to 2048 steps before repeating.
100 sequences that can be linked to any patch for quickly loading arrangements
- FX: 100 presets which includes three incredibly powerful independent and user-configurable stereo FX engines for Chorus, Phaser, Flanger (Pos), Flanger (Neg), Tremolo, LoFi, Rotary, Stereo Delay, Ping-Pong Delay, X-Over Delay and Reverb that can be arranged in any order
- Controls and Performance: Premium FATAR TP/9S 37-note Keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch
29 endless encoders, 24 buttons
Four-axis joystick that can be assigned to a huge range of modulation destinations and virtually ‘locked’ when desired
Multiple keyboard modes (Mono, Poly, Unison 2, Unison 4, Unison 8, Stack 2 and Stack 4)
Glide/Portamento with both legato and staccato modes
- User Memory: 500 full editable patches and ships with 300 factory programs
Eight Quick Recall slots accessible from the panel for quickly loading your favourite patches
- Free MODALapp Software editor for macOS, Windows, iOS and AndroidMODALplugin to access COBALT8 within your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), with VST3 and AU versions available