Marketing – Graphic Designer (Design and Development)
CMI Music & Audio is seeking a Graphic Designer who is passionate about music and audio technology to work with exciting top-of-mind brands in a creative and fast-paced environment with like-minded professionals. We need a creative powerhouse to join our team, ensuring the visual format of our brands and company is curated to the highest standard. If you know and are inspired by our brands and want to join a fast-growing business, you already fit the first requirement and should keep reading.
About Us: CMI Music & Audio is a sales and marketing company that distributes music technology, professional audio, and musical instrument products. Our portfolio represents some of the most highly lauded global music gear brands in their category available today. These brands include, Ableton, Arturia, JBL Professional, KORG, Native Instruments, Universal Audio and many more.
About the Role: We are looking for an energetic and experienced Graphic Designer / Digital Producer. Ideally you are an industry professional with experience in design and web development, with experience and a passion for the creative arts and music creation.
You will bring your creative flair to the role but will understand brand alignment and how to work to a brief. Your week will consist of creating promotional assets for digital marketing campaigns. You will be creating and developing landing pages on websites, social media/magazine advertisements, point-of-sale, event material and some packaging design.
Your role will include working with editor of the electronic media site Noisegate.com.au on improving the digital footprint and providing visual contribution.
The successful candidate will bring an expertise in working with global brands and products and have a reasonable understanding of music technology, audio, and musical instruments.
Reporting to: CMI’s Marketing Coordinator, and the VP of Sales and Marketing.
Qualifications and experience:
• Tertiary qualification and at least 3 years’ experience working in Graphic Design working with Brands and products.
• Knowledge of music gear and audio technology a must.
• Exceptional knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on lndesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Demonstrated knowledge of building and managing websites with WordPress and at least basic knowledge of HTML code.
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
• Experience working with Creative arts i.e. Music, Film/Photography or Events.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to multitask projects and work to deadlines.
• Be highly organised and work to project planner and brief.
• Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously.
• Willingness to adapt to a new environment with a can-do attitude.
• Stay ahead of the curve on marketing improvements, technologies, and change.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
• Conceptualising and creating:
– Visual promotion concepts and digital Marketing Campaigns (CPC and social media).
– Web and social media banners/ads.
– Email templates.
– Point-of-sale materials (price tickets, posters, flyers).
– Print advertisements for magazines.
– Trade show and special-event marketing and display materials (banners, labels, flyers).
– Product catalogues.
• Work to company and manufacturer design guidelines, including review process and suggest improvements.
• Liaising with external suppliers to facilitate timely delivery of assets and projects.
• Oversee and maintain company websites, including content maintenance (WordPress and basic HTML coding).
• Maintaining CMI’s online catalogue, ensuring all content, specifications and data is current.
• Liaising with brand managers, management, and manufacturers to ensure up-to-date information is provided in a timely manner.
• Designing and laying out product packaging for in-house brands.
General marketing and administration:
• Maintenance of marketing assets (image-bank, logos, graphics, and compliance).
• Auditing for branding and promotion compliance.
• Reviewing and editing official correspondence.
• Database maintenance.
• 40 hours per week Monday-Friday, with occasional after-hours work (events, launches etc).
• Own transport and driver’s license a must.
CMI offers flexible work practices including working from home.
CMI Music & Audio is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs.
So, if you believe you are the right candidate for this position, we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your application through the email below.
All applications with resumes to be sent to [email protected]