Pro Audio Business Development & Technical Sales WA/SA/NT
Join our expanding team!
CMI Music & Audio are seeking a passionate and experienced industry professional, to work with exciting top-of-mind Commercial & Performance Audio Brands in a fast-paced environment. We need a dynamic, technical sales professional to join our team, with a focus on delivering service and solutions for our customers and stakeholders. If you know and are inspired by our brands and want to join a fast-growing business, you already fit the first requirement and should keep reading.
About Us: CMI Music & Audio is a sales and marketing company that distributes professional audio products and technology. Our portfolio represents some of the most highly lauded global commercial audio brands in their category available today. These brands include Adamson, AKG, Crown, JBL Professional, Fohhn, Honeywell, Tascam, Soundcraft and many more.
About the Role: We are looking for an energetic and experienced technical sales manager. Ideally, you are an industry professional with experience in performance audio and installation. You are an excellent networker, and you have a can-do attitude. You are a people person and enjoy developing high-quality relationships!
You will service a variety of customers across a range of vertical markets including but not limited to -Integration, Touring & Production, Music Venues/Theatres, School Auditoriums, and places of Worship. You will work closely with Principles, System Technicians, Sound Engineers, AV Consultants, and Integrators in the AV rental and installation markets. Your week will always be interesting as you work closely with the team to achieve your goals and objectives and focus on presenting solutions for your customers.
You will also be required to assist CMI in servicing some retail resellers in the northern territory. Although you may not be directly responsible for all sales or purchases you will be on hand to provide customer service, assistance, and support as the local point of contact for these businesses.
Your duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Participate with management in the planning and delivery of growth targets and KPIs
- Manage clients: quotes, database, opportunities, and pipelines within our CRM. Build an effective call cycle.
- Develop and maintain high-quality client relationships with principles and stakeholders in key verticals.
- Negotiate agreements to meet and exceed Sales Targets & KPIs.
- Attend and participate in company and customer training sessions to keep up to date with the latest products, technology and services offered by the company.
- Learn and understand the competitive landscape and provide good market intelligence.
- Facilitate a variety of customer interfacing sales support activities. You will bring customers to events, product launches and demonstrations and organise training and product auditions for businesses developing growth or building new leads.
- Be the Local contact and support for the retail team on selected customers.
- Available 40 hours per week Monday-Friday, but you will pick up the phone for all your major clients at any time.
- Occasional regional and interstate and travels to SA and NT & some after-hours work like events, demos, and tradeshows (Covid-19 restriction dependant).
- Timely in delivery of all stakeholder reporting, customers quote, and responses in accordance with the company’s guidelines.
- 3 (+) years’ work experience in a Technical Business Development role across Performance Audio, Integration, Touring and Theatre/Venues or any other relevant experience.
- A proven ability to deliver on commitments and achieve targets and KPIs
- Sound Microsoft Office Suite applications & CRM experience, + report writing and sales administration.
- Experience with writing sales quotations and general customer-facing correspondence.
- Good understanding of audio workflows and the relevant technology. Ideally some system design and demonstration experience.
- Well organised, goal and objective focus. Work collaboratively and in a team environment.
- Some experience in MI or performance technology would be preferred.
A generous salary base with an OTE bonus structure commensurate with qualifications and experience will include an allowance for motor vehicle and associated expenses.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
CMI offers flexible work practices including working from home.
CMI Music & Audio is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
We thank all applications for their interest, however, only successful candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.