Pro Audio – System Designer & Support Engineer
Join our expanding team!
CMI Music & Audio is seeking a passionate and experienced industry professional, with a good technical grasp of professional audio products and design software, to work with exciting top-of-mind Commercial & Performance Audio Brands in a fast-paced environment. If you are passionate about Pro Audio and technology and being solution focused, you already fit the first requirement and should keep reading.
About Us: CMI Music & Audio is a sales and marketing company that distributes professional audio products and technology. Our portfolio represents some of the most highly lauded global commercial audio brands in their category available today. These brands include, Adamson, AKG, Crown, JBL Professional, Fohhn, Honeywell, Tascam, Sound craft and many more.
About the Role: We are looking for a passionate and experienced technical system designer. Ideally you are an industry professional with a good technical grasp of professional audio products and design software. You will be directly responsible for building system designs and providing presentations for clients. You love working with live sound/performance audio and install solutions.
You will have experience working with acoustic design software including but not limited to, EASE, SketchUp, Revit, Bluebeam, and CAD. You will work closely with the Audio Solutions Team and System Technicians, Sound Engineers, AV Consultants, and Integrators in the AV rental and install markets.
You will also be required to assist the Audio Solutions team in the preparation of System demonstrations, coordination of systems sales, and provide customer service, assistance, and support to the business as the technical point of contact.
Your duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Deliver accurate and high-quality audio designs and proposals in accordance with CMI’s timeline and in consultation with the relevant stakeholders and company’s protocols.
- Provide Pre and post sales technical support for stakeholders and customers to ensure the delivery of high-quality solutions and customer satisfaction.
- Assist the team with system preparation, testing, demonstrations, tradeshows and logistics of deployed systems and solutions.
- Ensure effective liaison and communication with internal and external customers with regards to the status and timeline of all designs and projects with accurate and log detailing in CRM/ERP.
- Attend training sessions and keeping up to date with products, technology and services including staying abreast of all current design protocols, processes, and systems and changes.
- 40 hours per week Monday-Friday
- Some occasional interstate and international travels & after-hours work (events, launches etc) Covid-19 restriction dependant
- Microsoft Office Suite applications with CRM experience.
- Excellent understanding of Commercial Performance Audio and Integration markets, protocols and brands and products.
Selection criteria, and consideration for this position
- 3(+) years proven work experience trouble shooting in a Technical Design role in performance audio, Integration, Touring and or Theatre markets or any other relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including proposals, presentations, and reporting.
- A good understanding of IT and its applications in Commercial Audio Technology.
- Ideally, Tertiary qualification in audio system design/acoustics etc.
- Experience using Acoustic Design / simulation packages.
- Experience using 3D CAD packages.
- Experience using ERP/CRM programs and company reporting.
A generous salary package with a OTE & KPI bonus structure commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
CMI offers flexible work practices including working from home.
CMI Music & Audio is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
We thank all applications for their interest, however, only successful candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.