THE FREAK SPEAKS
One of our most successful special editions is back and better than ever. With its slick aesthetic and its detachable gooseneck mic, MicroFreak Vocoder Edition has been an outstanding success worldwide.
Arturia is bringing this wonderful special edition back to the market together with a brand new firmware update. This wavetable-oriented update supercharges this loveable desktop hybrid with new sounds and features to help musicians find their own voice!
NEW IN FIRMWARE V4
– New User Wavetable oscillator
Users can load their own wavetables in MicroFreak using the MIDI Control Center application. Add some harshness to these waveforms using the engine Bit Crusher!
– New Wavetables
MIDI Control Center will come loaded with wavetables that musicians can pick and load into their MicroFreak.
– Sequencer plays Unison and Chord
The Chord and Unison are now applied to sequences (previously they would only apply to notes that were played with the keys on top of the sequence).
– Wave / Timbre / Shape encoder fast acceleration
A Utility setting allows for a faster scan of those three parameters. Use Shift + those encoders for fine parameter tweaks
MICROFREAK VOCODER FEATURES:
- Synthesiser with 256 preset slots and 224 factory presets
- 14 variable digital oscillator modes and new Vocoder mode
- Gooseneck electret microphone
- Analog State Variable Filter, 12dB/octave, resonant, Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass
- ADSR envelope
- Cycling Envelope offering two modes: Envelope & LFO
- LFO with Sync: Sine, Tri, Saw, Square, Random, Slew Random
- Modulation matrix with 5 sources and 7 destinations (3 custom destinations)
- Monophonic or Paraphonic modes – Up to 4 voices
- Chord mode lets you program a chord shape and play it on any note
- Scale Quantize lets you set a specific scale for the white notes for easy performance
- 25-key capacitive keybed with polyphonic aftertouch
- Capacitive touch strip
- Crisp OLED display for editing and parameter values
- Powerful multi-mode arpeggiator: Up, Order, Random, Pattern modes
- Spice & Dice Gate randomizers
- 64-step sequencer: 2 patterns per preset, 4 automation tracks per preset
- CV / Gate / Mod outputs
- USB, Clock and MIDI in and out
- 6.35mm master and 3.5mm headphone output