Universal Audio, which has long been known for its high-end audio interfaces and plugins, has today announced its new range of world-class studio first microphones.
New microphones added to the UA portfolio, are the “Standard Series” SD-1 Dynamic and SP-1 Condenser pair and Sphere L22, along with a line of hand-built tube and FET mics under the UA Bock brand.
SD-1 Dynamic Microphone
This broadcast-style mic is tailormade for close-mic speech, vocal, and instrument recording, featuring a cardioid polar pattern and selectable low cut and articulation boost switches.
- Dynamic studio vocal microphone with low cut and articulation boost
- Cardioid polar pattern rejects off‑axis sounds and room noise
- Flat frequency response (50 Hz–16 kHz) for natural-sounding recordings
- Shape vocals and instruments with SD‑1 Apollo Channel Strip Presets
- Internal shock mount reduces low‑end rumble and mechanical noise
- Rear-mounted XLR jack for easy cable management
- Built-in windscreen reduces plosives and breath noise
- Quality UA craftsmanship and stylish, rugged build
SP-1 Condenser Microphone
Universal Audio’s flagship pair of pencil microphones, designed to capture stereo acoustic instruments, drums, and live performances, and reject off-axis audio and background noise.
UA Bock Series
The UA Bock series is a premium line of tube and solid-state condenser mics, designed by mic guru, David Bock and hand-built in Santa Cruz, California.
Microphones are expected in Australia Mid 2022.