Soundcraft have announced the second software update of 2021 to the Vi console range. The new software release V126.96.36.1994 for all Vi1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, 7000 and Vi200/400/600 consoles is now available from the Soundcraft website.
This release contains some useful new features and functional improvements made in response to user feedback, together with a significant number of bug fixes. The features and bug fixes are summarized below, but for full details please see the Vi V6.4.4 Software User Guide, available here:
In order to ensure maximum stability and usability, Soundcraft recommend that this software be installed on all Vix00 and x000 consoles.
- Tie Lines Isolation feature introduced in V6.4.3 is simplified so it’s now not necessary to use the Load ISO with Show control to prevent tie lines from changing when loading a Show. Simply switching on Isolate ALL in the Tie Lines page will now always isolate the tie lines when loading shows, regardless of Load ISO with Show setting. This change allows general console Isolation settings to be imported as part of a Show load, but preventing changes to tie lines at the same time if required, and is also easier to use.
- HiQnet remote control interface extended to include all Lexicon FX parameters, this is for use with the 3rd-party developed Mixing Station app, available from
https://dev-core.org/mixing-station. Mixing Station is a highly customizable cross-platform remote control app available for Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android.
(Note that our ViSi Remote app is not being updated for this change at this time).
- Bus labels are now stored in snapshots instead of only at Show level, and have isolation and scope controls. This has been a much-requested change for some years.
- Insert IN control is now automatically enabled when assigning a Lexicon/BSS/External insert from the Insert Pool, and disabled when de-assigning an insert. Makes it quicker to insert or un-insert devices with one operation.
- Output-to-Input Fader page trigger setup is now protected by Output Fader Page Isolation & Scope. This means fader page linking on a Vi1000 can be retained when loading in shows made on other console types, by isolating the fader pages and setting Load ISO with Show to No.
Bug Fixes / Improvements:
- SHURE Axient AD4Q receiver was not detected after upgrading from 6.4.1 to 6.4.3.
- SHURE Axient AD4D receiver RF meter was not being displayed in Vi GUI.
- Vix000 crashed with two specific combinations of operations involving Matrix Solo.
- Open Vistonics control screens were left stuck on screen when a blank channel strip was recalled to that strip on a User Layer by a snapshot recall.
- Some output patch types (e.g. DANTE, MADI & AES cards, and outputs on Stageboxes other than R05) were not mirrored.
- Some isolated parameters were being recalled by snapshot changes.
- Isolated Insert Points were cleared when Show was loaded with Load ISO with Show set to NO).
- ‘VCA’ Output page trigger setting was not recalled after Show load.
- New VCA ISO Full/Partial indicators in channel label were missing if EDIT Global Filter mode was active.
- New VCA Scope sub-select indicators were missing from Channel Scope overview GUI.
Vi1/2/4/6 Consoles Note
Note that Vi1, 2, 4 and 6 consoles use software version 4.9.x, therefore the V6.4.4 software update cannot be installed on these consoles. No updates to the V4.9 software that runs on these consoles are being planned at this time. The current version is V188.8.131.526b.
An updated version of the Virtual Vi Offline Editor is also available incorporating the above features and bug fixes, allowing pre-programming of Show files.
There are no serious Show compatibility issues with this release, but please see the Software Features User Guide for notes issues to be aware of.
ViSi Remote iPad App
There is no change to the ViSi Remote app with this release.
Where to get the software update
Downloads are now available on the Soundcraft website: www.soundcraft.com.
From the Vi1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, 7000 and Vi400/600 CPU Upgrade product pages. Scroll down the page to the ‘Downloads’ area and look under ‘Software’.
From the ‘Software’ page in Support menu, scroll directly to the 6.4.4 update file links.